Dennys: News Politics Comedy Science Arts & Food

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Did You Hear the Latest "Study"? Cat Law of Selective Hearing



From Denny: This one really made me laugh! Do they know one of my cats? BTW, there is not a real cat study going on that I know of, however, for the right price of a few million government dollars I'll be more than happy to do one. Tell me: What outcome would you most prefer? I'll make sure to meet your marketing needs.

Seriously though, I teach my cats to come when they are called, otherwise they miss out on feeding time. And we all know cats don't like to be deprived. We have one cat that acts so much like a dog we affectionately call him "kitty-puppy."

The only time a cat won't truly come when called is when there is a predator nearby, usually a much larger cat, and they don't feel safe enough to answer or come out of hiding. Well, at least they are smart enough not to answer and give away their position. Maybe we should send an army of cats to fight our terrorist wars? They sure do understand guerrilla tactics and Special Forces ops. Wouldn't that make for interesting news coverage! :) Enjoy the funny quote.



Opie the cat yawns,"Yahoo!" photo by turtlemom4bacon @ flickr

Quote

Cat Law of Selective Hearing: "A cat can hear a mouse yawning a mile away, while filtering out the sound of a pleading human just six feet away." - Anonymous



cat law, cats, funny quotes, Pets, society and culture

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
Related Posts with Thumbnails