*** Views today: 10,372 - Thank You!
Maldives sunrise and boat by Badruddeen @ flickr
From Denny: Why the title? The number "8" is the number of new beginnings and the number "3" represents the Holy Trinity in Christianity. Spring is the time of the death and rebirth cycle where Nature renews itself. Nature is a visual reminder to us to renew our inner selves at this special time of year. We are reminded to hope again, to promise to live more fully and to love again. May you be refreshed and renewed this Easter!
Over at my poetry blog: The Long Road, An Easter Poem
Celestial spirit that doth roll
The heart's sepulchral stone away,
Be this our resurrection day,
The singing Easter of the soul -
O gentle Master of the Wise,
Teach us to say: "I will arise."
- Richard Le Gallienne
The stars shall fade away, the sun himself
Grow dim with age, and Nature sink in years;
But thou shalt flourish in immortal youth,
Unhurt amid the war of elements,
The wreck of matter, and the crush of worlds.
- Joseph Addison
The fasts are done; the Aves said;
The moon has filled her horn
And in the solemn night I watch
Before the Easter morn.
So pure, so still the starry heaven,
So hushed the brooding air,
I could hear the sweep of an angel's wings
If one should earthward fare.
- Edna Dean Proctor, "Easter Morning"
* The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances. - Robert Flatt
* Easter is the demonstration of God that life is essentially spiritual and timeless. - Charles M. Crowe
* Let every man and woman count himself immortal. Let him catch the revelation of Jesus in his resurrection. Let him say not merely, "Christ is risen," but "I shall rise." - Phillips Brooks
* On Easter Day the veil between time and eternity thins to gossamer. - Douglas Horton
* Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life. - S.D. Gordon
* Where man sees but withered leaves, God sees sweet flowers growing. - Albert Laighton
* Let the resurrection joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to strength and beauty and happiness. - Floyd W. Tomkins
* Easter is not a time for groping through dusty, musty tomes or tombs to disprove spontaneous generation or even to prove life eternal. It is a day to fan the ashes of dead hope, a day to banish doubts and seek the slopes where the sun is rising, to revel in the faith which transports us out of ourselves and the dead past into the vast and inviting unknown. - Anonymous, as quoted in the Lewiston Tribune
*** ALSO: Dennys Photo Gallery: Spectacular Sunrises
*** THANKS for visiting, feel welcome to drop a comment or opinion, enjoy bookmarking this post on your favorite social site, a big shout out to awesome current subscribers – and if you are new to this blog, please subscribe in a reader or by email updates!