Friday, August 21, 2009
5 Lovely Garden Quotes for the Weekend
Photo of Magnolia Plantation live oak trees and azaleas - what a wondrous place to stroll!
From Denny: Since Hurricane Bill and his severe thunderstorms, deluge of rain and lightning delayed me all afternoon from posting on time guess I'll keep this short! :) Have a great weekend, everyone!
* My green thumb came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from the plant's point of view. - H. Fred Ale
* It is good to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought. - James Douglas, Down Shoe Lane
* Gardens are a form of autobiography. - Sydney Eddison, Horticulture magazine, August/September 1993
* Gardening requires lots of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. - Lou Erickson
* Science, or para-science, tells us that geraniums bloom better if they are spoken to. But a kind word every now and then is really quite enough. Too much attention, like too much feeding, and weeding and hoeing, inhibits and embarrasses them. - Victoria Glendinning
* Don't wear perfume in the garden - unless you want to be pollinated by bees. - Anne Raver